What if I told you that eating Cookie Butter and waffles could actually be healthy for you?? YES I said c o o k i e b u t t e r and
w a f f l e s!
& NOPE, this is not a ploy! Thanks to Nuts N'More Cookie Butter & my personal protein waffle recipe, you can fuel yourself with lots of protein and cookie butter greatness, without consuming mass amounts of empty/sugar-filled calories!
I use a protein waffle recipe (similar to that of my 4-ingredient-protein-crepes.html ) that takes little to no effort, and the only carbs and sugar coming from the waffle are dependent on the protein powder that is used, AKA if you use a protein powder with little to none of these, then your waffle will have virtually no carbs or sugar!
I also use Nuts N'More Cookie Butter a) because the taste is amazingggg, I mean how could you not want to try something called COOKIE BUTTER and b) because this Cookie Butter is packed with protein, coming in at 11g per 2 Tbsp serving!
So let's break this down... you're getting to eat a healthy product, that's protein packed, and is called COOKIE BUTTER... you should need no convincing to try this stuff.
Nuts N'More also specializes in other high protein butters, peanut powders, almond-infused protein isolates, and protein peanut butter truffles (yes... that is a real thing and YES you need to add them to your cart along with the cookie butter).
You can find Nuts N'More at your local healthfood stores (like Whole Foods or GNC) or you can order from their website, which includes free shipping on orders over $20! ( nuts-n-more.com/collections/high-protein-spreads/products/high-protein-coookie-butter-peanut-spread)
So let's get to it!
Tools You'll Need:
-a big smile & big appetite
-spoon, bowl, plate (yes, that is IT)
Goods You'll Need:
-2 Tbsp Nuts N'More Cookie Butter
-2 Tbsp fat-free whipped Greek cream cheese
-1 scoop (~32g) of your favorite protein powder
-1 tsp baking soda or powder
-large splash of water
The "How-To" Steps:
1. warm-up your waffle maker (& spray with a non-stick spray, if needed)
2. mix together the protein powder of your choice, 1 egg, 1 tsp of baking soda or powder, & a large splash of water. Mix realllly well, until you have a non-clumpy batter (add more water if needed, but do so in small splashes)
3. pour your batter into your waffle maker & let the waffle magic begin!
4. while your waffle is cooking, mix together your Nuts N'More Cookie Butter with the cream cheese (feel free to use more serving sizes to make the filling even thicker, I would use the entire Nuts N'More container on one waffle if I could... no shame there)
5. Once your waffle is hot off the press, plop your delicious Cookie Butter & cream cheese mixture on one side of the waffle. Then cut the waffle in half and place the other half on top. creating a beautiful stack of waffle, cookie butter-cream cheese, waffle.
6. You can add a drizzle of Cookie Butter to the top of your waffle as well (of course, I did) and BOOM you are ready to eat Cookie Butter and waffles without any of the guilt!
7. Enjoy your Cookie Butter master piece!!
I hope you enjoy this recipe & if you have any questions or tried it out yourself feel free to reach out to me!
[ be happy. be healthy. be a fighter ]